TYPE: Full TimeSALARY: $13 per hour (Based on Experience)
BENEFITS: Commission eligible, onsite meal program, full medical benefits offered
This position has three main areas of focus:
- Support the Event Staff with all office administrative duties, including running client payments, internal invoicing, and weekly reporting.
- Handle the sales and pre-event coordination of all basic internal events, Overnights, Jungle Meals, and Children’s Birthday Parties.
- Responsible for detailing booked corporate events by effectively communicating with event clients
- Perform the steps of SSA EXTRA Guest Service to ensure a memorable experience for every guest and client.
- Answer calls and direct them appropriately.
- Become proficient in the use of Caterease event software, follow procedures as set by the Sales Director and always quality control any data that is inputted.
- Work professionally and respectfully with all vendors, clients, and other departments who may be involved in the event process.
- Prepare for and attend the weekly sales meeting, having completed any of your action points from the previous meeting.
- Collecting and processing all client payments for office.
- Responsible for internal invoicing between SSA and RBZ.
- Ensure coordination of promotion material, ticket printing and written agreement development is done in a timely manner for all event and ticket clients.
- Plan, upsell and detail functions with corporate event clients including: space requirements, times, equipment, menus, themes, decorations, etc.
- Knowledge of menu planning, including the ability to guide selections and services.
- Communicate with corporate event clients to make appropriate decisions on items such as timeline, menu, room layout, etc., coordinate logistics, and collecting final payment.
- Ensure client contact and event information is accurately inputted into software on a daily basis.
- Respond in a timely manner, with availability and appropriate information, to all requests. / Respond to client requests in a timely manner and take action to ensure client satisfaction.
- Maintain a strong, positive relationship with the client.
- Professionally troubleshoot any issues that arrive prior to or during the event.
- Other projects as assigned by management.
- Support all other departmental needs as requested from time to time by management.
- Uphold and demonstrate a complete understanding of company policies and procedures.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
VOCATIONAL AND TECHNICAL SKILLS: Word, Excel, Phone etiquette, and computer skills
EXPERIENCE: The ideal candidate has finished a degree of higher education, preferably relating to events and hospitality, or business, and covering aspects of event coordination and management or equivalent experience.
INTERPERSONAL SKILLS: Must be willing to work as a team, communicating with their own department, suppliers and other departments of the Zoo at all times. The job holder must have a confident yet assuring manner with clients at all times. Excellent oral and writing communication skills are required in order to make any client experience a success. The job holder must demonstrate the ability to remain flexible in a fast-paced environment and ability to work varied hours/days, including nights, weekends and holidays, as needed.
How to Apply: All applicants must submit cover letter and resume.
This is by no means an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with this job description. The General Manager reserves the right to revise the job description or to require that other or different tasks are performed when circumstances change (i.e. emergencies, changes in personnel, workload, rush jobs or technological developments)
Job Types: Full-time,Commission
Salary: $13.00 /hour