REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: Reports to the Retail Operations Manager, Assistant General Manager, and General Manager.
WORK SCHEDULE: Flexible, includes weekends, holidays, and night events throughout the year.
SUMMARY OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: The Assistant Retail Operations Manager is responsible for partnering with the Retail Operations Manager to ensure the successful operation of the Gift store and locations within the Riverbanks Zoo and Garden. These responsibilities fall solely on the Assistant ROM when the ROM is not present. Training, Development, Recruiting, Hiring, and Coaching are essential duties in addition to all Merchandising and Retail responsibilities. The AROM will be a role model for excellence in guest service and execute SSA and Client standards for Guest Experience at all times. Maintaining and building strong relationship with our Client is critical to the operation and the roles of AROM.
· Assists the Retail Operations Manager in managing the day to day operations of all retail and stockroom locations at the Zoo and overseas operations during Retail Operations Manager’s absence.
· Assists Operations Manager in scheduling adequate staff according to labor budget guidelines while being responsible for constructing daily schedules to effectively operate the store.
· Responsible for staff providing each zoo visitor uncompromised hospitality and quality service.
· Leads the daily successful operation of all retail and stock locations at the Zoo. Leads and Manages the Supervisory Team, and entire Associate staff in the day-to-day operation.
· Accountable for all development and implementation of SSA customer services initiative and employee incentive programs
· Directs the maintenance of all shops to be presented consistently in a clean, attractive, and highly marketable condition and coordinates with ROM, AGM, and/or GM in the repair and/or replacement of all fixtures and equipment.
· Provides a solid relationship with all departments and builds client relations while maintaining business standards and expectations
· Expected to be knowledgeable on Point-of-Sale software management in both front and back office settings as well as a working knowledge of maintenance and education of system operation management to entire staff.
MERCHANDISING / INVENTORY MANAGEMENT
· Responsible for all inventory on Zoo premises
· Responsible for evaluating and maintaining inventory levels in the stores in partnership with Supervisory, Associate, and Warehouse Teams
· Coordinates with the Head Buyer and ROM to effectively merchandise and display product
· Directs management team in the handling of MOS, Damages, and Interdepartmental Purchases.
· Oversees the completion of cycle counts as well as a bi-annual physical inventory.
· Coordinates with ROM to execute detailed and thorough recruiting, interviewing, and following through of all required hiring procedures. Attends and participates in job fairs as well as other types of recruiting functions.
· Coordinates with ROM and SSA HR Department in execution of effective completion of all aspects of human resources including, but not limited to: employee counseling, evaluations, payroll functions, uniform management, time-keeping management, and attendance record keeping.
· Coordinates with ROM and SSA HR Department in assuring all hiring, promotion, and termination processes comply with applicable local, state, and federal laws. Remains knowledgeable in all applicable safety regulations.
· Assists ROM on instructing the proper training of all new hires. This includes a thorough review of all RBZ and SSA policies and procedures relating to their position. Provides new hires with information regarding benefits, rate of pay, and other related information.
· Coordinates with ROM in conducting customer service, sales, and product knowledge training sessions to assure that each employee is properly and thoroughly prepared to perform his/her duties.
· Coordinates with GM, AGM, and ROM to set and exceed monthly and yearly sales goals.
· Directs management team on daily, weekly, and period reporting, according to the corporate policies andProcedures, as well as those of the branch.
This is by no means an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with this job description. The General Manager reserves the right to revise the job description or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change (i.e. emergencies, changes in personnel, workload, rush jobs or technological developments).
· Should have 2 (two) years or more total retail management experience
· Experience in managing over 30 employees at one time is required
· Must have retail point-of-sale operating system experience as well as other related computer experience such as Excel, Word, and Power Point
· Store financial analysis and budget creation and review is required
· Experience in providing customer service training classes
· Hiring, training and staff development experience required
· Must have flexible availability – seven days a week – early mornings and late nights are possible
· Holiday’s, weekends, and other times will be required
· Experience in working with all levels of management and clients