Service Systems Associates, at Riverbanks Zoo is currently looking to add a skilled, experienced prep cook to join our growing team. In this position, you will assist the culinary team with a variety of tasks. Strong organizational and interpersonal communication skills are a must.
· Manage up to 3 employees with oversee of the Restaurant Manager.
· Follow the executive chef’s prep list to plan your daily work.
· Properly store and label ingredient in an organized manner.
· Sanitize work areas and equipment, wash dishes, and take out trash
· Measure seasonings, condiments, and ingredients for use in cooking
· Uses our standard recipes for preparation and portioning of all products.
· Clean and cut variety of meats, fruits and vegetables.
· Place food in warming trays or refrigerated storage as appropriate.
· Use manual and electric equipment for food preparation.
· Perform basic cooking tasks such as stirring, straining, and parboiling food and reducing sauces.
· Maintain records of quantities of foods and ingredients used.
· Update supervisors when stock of food items or supplies are low.
· Inform managers about broken or malfunctioning equipment.
· Comply with food safety and sanitation guidelines.
· Performs other related duties as assigned by manager on duty.
Applicants must have the following:
· Must have an open availability. Riverbanks Zoo is open 7 days a week and some evening hours may be required during certain times of year.
· Holidays and weekends maybe required. As a cultural attraction, these are our busiest days.
· 1-2 years of experience in a similar or related role is preferred
· Manual dexterity to ensure proper operation of kitchen utensils and cutting tools
· Effective communication skills
· Adept at performing tasks well in a fast-paced environment
· Able to stand for long periods of time
· Lift up to 50 pounds
· Must be at least 18 years of age to apply