Assistant Restaurant Manager, Riverbanks Zoo and Garden
Reports To: Restaurant Manager
Schedule: Flexible, at the discretion of Operations Manager. Includes weekends, holidays, and occasional night events as well as nights in October for Boo at the Zoo and nights in November and December for Lights Before Christmas.
Summaries of Duties and Responsibilities:·
- Responsible for all of the day-to-day operations associated with Tuskers and maintain the restaurant in a clean, attractive and highly marketable condition.
- Ensure maximum profitability and compliance with company procedures.
- Must communicate with the Executive Chef, Warehouse Manager, Tuskers Manager, Operations Manager and other kitchen personnel pertaining to product inventory, its proper usage and staffing matters.
- Manage the preparation of food products within company guidelines while adhering to all health department guidelines.
- Ensure all employees are trained to properly and safely handle food.
- Supervise the front line staff and cashiers to ensure the highest level of customer service.
- Must have a positive attitude and be a team player, self-starter and have a sense of urgency.
- Must be able to maintain good staff morale.
- Conduct daily meetings in which pertinent details are specified to staff (attendance projections, menu changes, special events, food prep plans, etc.)
- Monitor employees on all SSA policies/procedures, and work with the Operations Manager and Restaurant Manager to take necessary action on employees who violate guidelines.
- Must possess the ability to manage multiple positions including grill, expo, fryers and front line.
- If additional staff is needed during peak times, must communicate with the Operations Managers in a timely matter to ensure adequate staff is on-hand.
- Responsible for inventory control by monitoring stock levels, completing stock sheets daily and controlling waste.
- Complete Month End Inventory as directed by the Operations Manager.
- Maintain a clean and safe environment. Keep stock room, coolers and all work areas organized.
- Oversee front of house cleanliness and ensure utensils, napkins and condiments are stocked.
- Uphold the merchandising standards set forth by the Operations Manager and Restaurant Manager.
- Must have knowledge of POS systems and adequate cash handling skills.
- Represent our client’s mission and develop a seamless and professional relationship with all clients and employees to ensure a positive working environment.
This is by no means an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with this job description. The General Manager reserves the right to revise the job description or to require that other or different tasks are performed when circumstances change (i.e. emergencies, changes in personnel, workload, rush jobs or technological developments).
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and list of 3 professional references to Lavonda McDowell, Restaurant Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org. If we determine that your experience and skills match the needs for this opening we will contact you directly.