We didn’t forget about the grown-ups at Riverbanks! Get to know the Botanical Garden, learn new gardening techniques, or invite us to visit your community with one of our Adult Programs.
Hands-on workshops and classes for those with a love for learning to dig up fascinating facts about native and exotic plant life at Riverbanks and beyond. Expert horticulturists engage participants with hands-on workshops and demonstrations.
- Cost :
- Varies per class. Note: If you are not a Riverbanks member, a general admission ticket will also be required.
- Location :
- Programs typically take place in the Waterfall Junction Learning Center. The instructor will notify participants of exact location if held elsewhere, but all programs are held at Riverbanks Botanical Garden.
- Registration :
- Pre-registration is required for all activities. Available programs may be registered for via the eTickets Store. Upon receipt of your registration, a confirmation will be sent when you are placed in the activity.
Guided Garden Tours
Whether your group includes casual visitors or avid gardeners, young students, or seasoned explorers, a trained horticulturist will help you develop a fun and interactive tour to fit your needs.
- Cost :
- $5 per person (10 person minimum), plus admission fees.
- Capacity :
- Maximum of 25. For groups of more than 25, an additional tour guide will be provided.
- Program Length :
- May be scheduled Monday–Saturday. Tours last approximately one hour.
Register for Tour
- Registration :
- Tours must be scheduled in advance by calling 803.602.0813.
Senior Community Programs
SENIOR COMMUNITY PROGRAMS AT RIVERBANKS ARE TEMPORARILY UNAVAILABLE.
Cancellation or date change requests must be received ten days in advance of the event. Requests must be submitted in writing at email@example.com. Riverbanks Zoo and Garden will retain a $2 processing fee for cancellations and charge a $2 processing fee for date changes.
In the rare event that Riverbanks Zoo and Garden must cancel the scheduled event, all deposits or money received will be reimbursed or an option to reschedule will be provided. Notification of cancellation will be provided at least ten days prior to the scheduled event (unless weather-related). Riverbanks Zoo and Garden is not liable for any other expenses that the guest may have incurred in the preparation and execution of the event.
Refunds will not be provided for individuals who do not show up for the event.
Questions about Adult Programs?
Please call 803.602.0803 or email us.