Riverbanks Zoo and Garden is home to more than 2,000 magnificent and fascinating animals and one of the nation’s most beautiful and inspiring botanical gardens. The lush 170-acre site features dynamic natural habitat exhibits, scenic river views, spectacular valley overlooks and significant historic landmarks.
Hours of Operation (subject to change)
Riverbanks Zoo and Garden is open daily, except Thanksgiving and Christmas days.
Regular hours: 9:00am – 5:00pm.
General Admission Rates (per visit)
Adults (ages 13–61) — $19.95 per person
Children (ages 2–12) — $16.95 per person
Children (younger than 2) — FREE
Seniors (ages 62 and up) and Military (with military ID) — $17.95 per person
Parking — $5 per vehicle (fee collected at ticket window)
Admission includes entry to both the Zoo and Botanical Garden.
Tickets for Riverbanks’ after-hour Signature Events are separate from daytime admission.
Pets, food, beverages, and coolers are not allowed in the park. Riverbanks is a smoke-free facility.
Groups of 15 or more may qualify for discounted admission rates, procedures, and services.
Riverbanks Zoo and Garden strives to maintain a family-oriented environment where all members and guests can enjoy their visit. You can make the most of your visit, and ensure the same experience for others, by keeping these rules in mind as you explore the Zoo and Garden.
- Shirts and shoes are required in all areas of the Zoo and Garden, except water play areas where swimsuits are permitted. Attire displaying offensive material will not be allowed.
- Please show common courtesy to others by not using profanity or engaging in disruptive, loud behavior.
- Always remain on public pathways.
- Animals should not be taunted in any way. For the health and safety of the animals, please do not throw food or objects into any animal enclosure.
- Pets and emotional support animals are not allowed in the park. Properly trained service animals are permitted, but due to the nature of the Zoo, they may not be allowed in some areas. To view the full ADA policy, please visit the ADA website.
- Children under 16 must always be accompanied by a responsible adult.
- Riverbanks is a smoke-free facility. Smoking and vaping is only allowed outside of the entry gates.
- Professional photography, tripods, and the use of drones is not allowed on Riverbanks property without prior authorization. For more information, please view our Film/Video/Still Photography Policy.
- The following items are not allowed inside the park: alcohol brought from outside the Zoo, balloons, balls, fireworks, laser pointers, outside food and drinks, hard-sided coolers, lawn chairs, bicycles, scooters, skateboards, shoes with wheels, any electric or motorized transport device with less than 3 wheels. For more information, please view our Mobility Device Policy.
- Some areas, rides, and attractions may have additional rules for the safety of our guests and the animals.
Please help us respond to emergencies or disruptions by calling 803.779.8717.
Directions to Get Here
500 Wildlife Parkway
Columbia, SC 29210
(just off I-126 at Greystone Blvd.)
COMET transportation service available upon request by way of Route 84 between Downtown Columbia and St. Andrews community. Learn more.
Botanical Garden Entrance
Local Hotel Accommodations
Conveniently located within minutes of the Zoo and Garden. Discounted tickets to Riverbanks are offered in addition to various packages.
- Comfort Inn Columbia
- DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Columbia
- Embassy Suites by Hilton Columbia Greystone
- Holiday Inn & Suites Columbia–Airport
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Columbia/Harbison
- Hyatt Place Columbia Downtown
- Hyatt Place Columbia/Harbison
- Staybridge Suites Columbia Downtown
- Tru by Hilton Columbia Greystone
To inquire about establishing a hotel partnership with Riverbanks, please call 803.602.0900 or send an email.
Please refer to the Columbia Metropolitan Convention & Visitors Bureau for additional information about lodging, dining and the city of Columbia.