Riverbanks Zoo and Garden is home to more than 3,000 magnificent and fascinating animals and one of the nation’s most beautiful and inspiring botanical gardens. The lush 170-acre site features dynamic natural habitat exhibits, scenic river views, spectacular valley overlooks and significant historic landmarks.
Hours of Operation (subject to change)
Riverbanks Zoo and Garden is open daily, except Thanksgiving and Christmas days.
Regular hours: 9:00am – 5:00pm.
General Admission Rates (per visit)
Adults (ages 13–61) — $24.99+tax
Children (ages 2–12) — $21.99+tax
Children (younger than 2) — FREE
Military (please present military ID at gate) — $22.99+tax
Senior Citizens (ages 62 and up; please present photo ID at gate) — $22.99+tax
Parking — $5 per vehicle (fee collected at ticket window)
Admission includes entry to both the Zoo and Botanical Garden.
Tickets for Riverbanks’ after-hour Signature Events are separate from daytime admission.
Pets, food, beverages, and coolers are not allowed in the park. Riverbanks is a smoke-free facility.
Corporate Ticket Club (organizations of 50 or more employees)
Riverbanks Zoo and Garden is dedicated to consideration, kindness and appreciation for animals, the planet, our guests, and each other; we expect the same of our guests. We strive to maintain a family-oriented environment where all members and guests can enjoy their visit. You can make the most of your visit, and ensure the same experience for others, by keeping these rules in mind as you explore the Zoo and Garden.
- Shirts and shoes are required in all areas of the Riverbanks campus, except the Waterfall Junction splash areas. Swim attire in Waterfall Junction should be family friendly in design.
- Profanity, slurs, and derogatory language are not permitted on Riverbanks campus to ensure a safe and inclusive environment for all guests and staff.
- For your safety, always remain on public pathways.
- For the health and safety of the animals, you may not taunt or throw any objects into any animal enclosure.
- Pets and emotional support animals are not permitted in the park. Service dogs or ponies individually trained to do work or perform a task for an individual with a disability are permitted. For the safety of the service animal and the animals at Riverbanks, service animal access is restricted in some areas. For more information on Service Animals and the ADA, visit the ADA website.
- Guests 15 and under must be accompanied by a responsible adult.
- Guests 16 years and older are not permitted to wear full face coverings on Riverbanks campus.
- Riverbanks is a smoke-free facility. Smoking and vaping is only allowed outside of the entry gates.
- Film, video, or still photography for commercial purposes, including the use of drones, is not allowed on Riverbanks’ property without prior authorization. Tripods are not permitted in any indoor buildings; they may be used outdoors for non-commercial purposes as long as they do not block walkways or interfere with guest flow or sight lines. For more information, please view our Film/Video/Still Photography Policy.
- The following items are not allowed inside the park: alcohol, food and drinks brought from outside the Zoo and Garden; balloons; balls; fireworks; laser pointers; hard-sided coolers; lawn chairs; bicycles, scooters, skateboards, shoes with wheels, any electric or motorized transport device with less than 3 wheels. For more information, please view our Mobility Device Policy.
- Some areas, rides, and attractions may operate at a limited capacity and have additional rules for the safety of our guests, staff, and animals.
- Riverbanks reserves the right to deny admission, or require a person already admitted to leave Zoo grounds, without refund, liability, or compensation if the circumstances so require.
Please help us respond to emergencies or disruptions by calling 803.602.0814.
Directions to Get Here
500 Wildlife Parkway
Columbia, SC 29210
(just off I-126 at Greystone Blvd.)
COMET transportation service available upon request by way of Route 84 between Downtown Columbia and St. Andrews community. Learn more.
Botanical Garden Entrance
Check Current Weather Conditions
Local Hotel Accommodations
Conveniently located within minutes of the Zoo and Garden. Discounted tickets to Riverbanks are offered in addition to various packages.
- The 1425 Inn
- Cambria Hotel Columbia Downtown The Vista
- DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Columbia
- Homewood Suites Columbia
- Hotel Trundle
- Hyatt Place Columbia/Harbison
- Tru by Hilton Columbia Greystone
To inquire about establishing a hotel partnership with Riverbanks, please call 803.602.0900 or send an email.
Please refer to the Columbia Metropolitan Convention & Visitors Bureau for additional information about lodging, dining and the city of Columbia.