Each year Riverbanks receives numerous requests from a variety of individuals and organizations for complimentary admission passes to the Zoo. As you may expect, it is very difficult to honor every request. As a nonprofit organization that receives approximately 60 percent of its total revenue from admissions, it is necessary for Riverbanks to limit the number of complimentary admission tickets that we distribute each year.
Please note that phone calls will not be accepted. If you have a general question or a question about the status of a request, please use the application form. An email will be forwarded to our donation committee, and we will respond as soon as possible.
The Riverbanks Donation Committee meets once every two weeks to evaluate all requests.
Eligibility Requirements These guidelines should help determine if your organization is eligible for complimentary passes.
Nonprofit organizations (501c3, 301c3) requesting complimentary passes for fundraisers or visits to the park will be given a maximum of four (4) complimentary passes. Fundraisers include auctions and raffles, but NOT door prizes.
The following groups are NOT eligible to receive complimentary pass donations:
- Individuals or individual families.
- For-profit organizations.
- Religious groups utilizing tickets for festivals, bingo events, building funds or other activities that are not tied directly to a not for profit organization.
- Political Parties.
- Organizations planning to use tickets as door prizes, contests, incentives, group admission, underprivileged groups, etc.
Other Free or Reduced Admission Options
- Residents of Richland and Lexington counties in the state of South Carolina are entitled to free admission during our annual Free Fridays promotion. This offer is good on Fridays only during the months of January and February. Proof of residency is required.
- Two can get in for the price of one during the popular summer promotion Toucan Tuesdays, but you must bring two cans (or non-perishable items) to qualify. This offer is good on Tuesdays only through the summer. Promotion applies to general admission rates only (Explorer wristbands and memberships not included). Purchase one admission and get the second of equal or lesser value free. Visitor must turn in two canned or other non-perishable food items to receive the discount.
- Check with local churches or neighborhood associations to see if anyone is a Riverbanks member. Some members may be willing to donate their guest passes or purchase tickets to support your cause.