Riverbanks Zoo and Garden Welcomes New Chief Financial Officer
For Immediate Release: February 6, 2014
Zoo Society Also Announces 2014 Slate of Officers and New Board Members
[Columbia, SC] — Riverbanks Zoo and Garden is pleased to announce the addition of a new Chief Financial Officer to its senior management staff. Steve Hatchell joined the Riverbanks team in December of 2013 with more than 20 years of finance experience in the private sector.
Hatchell most recently served as Corporate Director of Finance for Longs Drugs; the pharmacy chain operates 20 stores in South Carolina, North Carolina and Georgia. Prior to his tenure with Longs Drugs, Hatchell was controller for Total Comfort Solutions, a Columbia-based commercial HVAC company. Hatchell is a Columbia,South Carolina native and a graduate of the University of South Carolina.
In addition, Riverbanks Society, the private, nonprofit organization supporting the needs of Riverbanks Zoo and Garden through membership and fundraising, is pleased to announce a new slate of executive officers for 2014, as well as six new Board members.
Mr. Jeffrey T. Reeves will serve as the Society’s newly elected president. Currently holding the title of Senior Vice President with Wells Fargo Bank, Reeves has served as a member of the Society’s Board of Directors since 2010. Reeves takes over for outgoing president Richard N. McIntyre.
Other newly-elected executive officers:
- Vice-President D. Christian Goodall, Aflac Group Insurance
- Secretary Christie E. Hill, First Citizens
- Treasurer Luther L. "Lent” Bridges, First Palmetto Bank
The Society Board also welcomed the following new Board members:
- Carl W. Blackstone, Copper Dome Strategies, LLC
- J. Anderson Folsom, Blue Cross Blue Shield of SC
- David G. Hodges, Mass Mutual Financial Group
- Marie McGehee, Colonial Life and Accident Insurance Company
- William G. McMaster, Morgan Stanley Columbia
- Derrick L. Williams, Mickle and Bass
To see the entire 2014 Riverbanks Society Board of Directors member roster, visit www.riverbanks.org.