Riverbanks Zoo and Garden is dedicated to creating a high-quality recreational experience for all our visitors.
A complete list of Riverbanks Zoo and Garden’s services, presentations and attractions can be found on the visitor’s guide/map. If you need assistance during your visit, please ask any uniformed employee. For additional information prior to your visit, please call 803.779.8717.
All exhibits, restrooms, trams, restaurants and gift shops are wheelchair accessible; however, the upper portion of the Woodlands Walk nature trail is not.
Wheelchair-accessible restrooms and drinking fountain locations:
- Botanical Garden Visitors Center
- Carousel Plaza
- Discovery Center
- Ndoki Plaza
- Palmetto Plaza (behind the Wings of the South stage)
All Riverbanks guests are required to pay general admission fees or obtain a membership for entry into the Zoo and Garden.
First Aid/Public Safety
Public Safety and First Aid are located next to the Elephant’s Trunk Gift Shop. In case of emergency, please notify a uniformed employee or Public Safety at 803.602.0814.
Handicapped parking spaces are available in the Zoo’s visitor parking lot and the Garden’s visitor parking lot. Official state handicapped parking permit is required.
- Pets are not allowed inside Riverbanks Zoo and Garden. Guests who rely on service animals may bring them into the Zoo, provided that the animals remain properly leashed. A copy of our service animal policy may be obtained through Public Safety. Guests are solely responsible for the care and control of their animals.
- Kennels are not available for those who need to leave their service animal during their Zoo stay.
- A shuttle tram travels between the Zoo and Botanical Garden and is accessible to wheelchair users.
- Electronic convenience vehicles (ECVs), wheelchairs, strollers, and wagons are available for rent at the Palmetto Outpost just inside the Zoo entrance.