Riverbanks Zoo and Garden is dedicated to creating a high-quality recreational experience for all our visitors.
A complete list of Riverbanks Zoo and Garden’s services, presentations and attractions can be found on the visitor’s guide/map. If you need assistance during your visit, please ask any uniformed employee. For additional information prior to your visit, please call 803.779.8717.
All exhibits, restrooms, trams, restaurants and gift shops are wheelchair accessible; however, the upper portion of the Woodlands Walk nature trail is not.
Wheelchair-accessible restrooms and drinking fountain locations:
- Main Entry Plaza
- Discovery Center
- Ndoki Plaza
- Palmetto Plaza
- Carousel Plaza
- Bog Garden
- Botanical Garden Magnolia Center
- Waterfall Junction Learning Center
All Riverbanks guests are required to pay general admission fees or obtain a membership for entry into the Zoo and Garden.
First Aid/Public Safety
Public Safety and First Aid are located near the main entrance to the Zoo and at Waterfall Junction. In case of emergency, please notify a uniformed employee or call Public Safety at 803.602.0814.
Handicapped parking spaces are available in the Zoo’s visitor parking lot and the Garden’s visitor parking lot. Official state handicapped parking permit is required.
- Pets and companion animals are not allowed inside Riverbanks Zoo and Garden. Guests who rely on service dogs may bring them into the park, provided they follow Riverbanks’ policy and the policy outlined by ADA regarding proper control. Guests with service dogs are asked to stop by the Guest Relations desk prior to entering the park to receive a copy of Riverbanks’ policy. To view the full ADA policy, please visit the ADA website.
- Kennels are not available for those who need to leave their service animal during their Zoo stay.
- A complimentary tram runs every 5 to 10 minutes between the amphitheater in the Botanical Garden and the scenic Saluda River Footbridge that leads to the Zoo. The tram is accessible to wheelchair users, and the bridge spans the Saluda River for approximately 800 feet.
- Electronic convenience vehicles (ECVs), wheelchairs and strollers are available for rent at the Riverbanks Gift Shop just inside the Zoo entrance.