Under general supervision, the Coordinator of Family and Outreach Programs is directly responsible for the coordination, development, and instruction of education programs including: family, early childhood and outreach, offered by Riverbanks Zoo and Garden. These programs include offerings for all ages, 2 years old through adult. The Coordinator of Family and Outreach Programs will insure that all programs are inquiry-based, written in accordance with South Carolina learning standards, age-appropriate, and of the highest quality.
- Plan, create, and develop innovative curriculum and education materials for all family and outreach programs offered by Riverbanks.
- Develop relationships with programming coordinators (principals, teachers, directors, etc.) to schedule outreach programs at various schools, daycares, after school programs, camps, community and senior centers.
- Maintain accurate programming and financial records.
- Train and Supervise 1-2 staff.
- Handling of small animals (reptiles, birds, small mammals, and insects) in a variety of settings.
- Create and administer an effective means of evaluation for all programs.
Requirements: Bachelor’s degree in an education or science related field. 2-3 years’ experience delivering/planning formal or informal education programs for a variety of ages, preferably in a nature center, zoo, aquarium, or other recreational facility. Excellent communication and demonstration skills. Must be comfortable handling small animals (reptiles, birds, small mammals, and insects) and have a good knowledge of natural science. A strong desire to deliver the message, mission, and goals of Riverbanks Zoo and Garden to a wide variety of audiences. Possess or be eligible for a SC state driver's license.