TYPE: Full Time
SALARY: $10 per hour (Based on Experience)
BRIEF OUTLINE:This position has three main areas of focus:
- Support the Event Staff will all office administrative duties, including updating and sending weekly financial and logistical reports, together with data management generated by software.
- Handle the sales and pre-event coordination of all ‘basic’ internal events, Jungle Meals, and Children’s Birthday Parties.
- Work as an On-site Event Coordinator for a variety of social and corporate events that take place on weekdays, nights and weekends.
- Answer calls and direct them appropriately.
- Become proficient in the use of event software, follow procedures as set and always quality control any data that is inputted.
- Work professionally and respectfully with all vendors, clients, and other departments who may be involved in the event process.
- Prepare for and attend the weekly sales meeting, having completed any of your actions points from the previous meeting.
- Collecting and processing client payments.
- Responsible for accurately reporting financials every week along with sending out invoices.
- Insure coordination of promotion material, ticket printing and written agreement development is done in a timely manner for all event and tickets clients.
- Insure client contact and event information is accurately inputted into software on a daily basis.
- Respond in a timely manner, with availability and appropriate information, to all requests.
- Be the client’s on-site contact for assigned events ensuring a high level of customer service and that all aspects of the event are set-up.
- Professionally troubleshoot any issues that arrive prior to or during the event.
- Other projects as assigned by management.
- Support all other departmental needs as requested from time to time by management.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
VOCATIONAL AND TECHNICAL SKILLS: Word, Excel, Phone etiquette, and computer skills.
EXPERIENCE: The ideal candidate has finished a degree of higher education, preferably relating to events and hospitality, or business, and covering aspects of event coordination and management or equivalent experience.
INTERPERSONAL SKILLS: They must be willing to work as a team, communicating with their own department, suppliers and other departments of the Zoo at all times. The job holder must have a confident yet assuring manner with clients at all times. Excellent oral and writing communication skills are required in order to make any client experience a success.
HOW TO APPLY: Please submit an up to date Cover Letter and Resume to email@example.com